Thursday, April 1, 2010

(Day 89) The wheels of time

We've been through a whirlwind of emotions over this past week. There have been times of great sadness and sense of loss, but also of happiness and joy. There have been times of solitude and reflection and times of shared laughter among family and friends - many opportunities to provide and receive support.

As I looked around the hall after the memorial service today it struck me that I was seeing the wheels of time moving relentlessly forward. I saw before me the older generation, those of my mother-in-law's age, who will likely also not outlive this new decade. Then there was the next generation - those whose children were now adults themselves and some of them who in turn were now having children. As time takes the older generation, a new generation is being ushered in.

As I thought about this I knew which photo I needed to find in my archives.

Note: although I followed the ABC principle, circumstances prevented me from using my camera for the past couple of days; hopefully I'll be back behind the lens shortly. In the meantime I'm relying on my archives.

(60mm  f11  2 sec  ISO200)

3 comments:

darlin said...

Wonderful photo Rick, you have some fantastic photos in your archives.

The song comes to mind "Like A Bridge Over Troubled Waters". I'll put in a request for that one for you tonight.

Levi said...

My thoughts are with you and your family during this time of grief.
The photo is lovely and symbolic of so much. Time passes.

Rick said...

@darlin - thank you - and one of my favourite S&G songs!

@POD - thank you for thinking of us; we can feel the support.