Thursday, January 14, 2010

(Day 14) UNESCO Heritage Site

The light looked like it was going to be interesting early this afternoon - sun peeking through clouds occasionally, providing some nice diffused light. By the time I drove to where I wanted to take some photos, however, the sky had again turned a dull gray. Undeterred, and determined to do some outdoor shooting today, I took the equipment out. The wind had also picked up and given the cold, the camera battery looked like it would give up before me.

To my subject - I took some photos along the Rideau River and selected the one below. The locks on the Rideau Canal, which are used to bypass obstacles like this, are all drained for the winter, but will be busy with tourist boats come late spring. I'm sure I'll visit here again later during the project.


No comments: